Who’s the best dog in the land? Based on the winner of the 2014 National Dog Show Presented by Purina, it’s a Bloodhound named GCH Flessner's International S'Cess, otherwise known as “Nathan.” We’ve got all the facts you need to know about this Best in Show champion.
- This hound is no stranger to winning. In fact, “Nathan” is currently the No. 1 Bloodhound, No. 1 Hound and No. 10 dog in the country. At just 4 years of age, he’s earned 22 Bests In Show and 78 Hound Group Firsts. He’s also a two-time American Bloodhound Club National Specialty Best of Breed and Top Twenty winner, having won both events in 2013 and 2014. His trophy shelf must be full!
- Nathan has a Mantrailer title, which recognizes a hound’s ability to trail a person by following his or her scent. A champion dog and a working dog too!
- This Bloodhound’s breeder, Heather Helmer, is also his owner and handler. She attributes his success to his “beautiful breed type and smooth, free-moving gait.” He was, after all, sired by the No. 1 Bloodhound in 2010.
- What’s Nathan’s food of choice? He is powered by Purina® Pro Plan® SPORT® All Life Stages Performance 30/20 Formula, which delivers nutrition that performs.
- This breed is known for its keen ability to track scent, and they’re often used by police teams and search-and-rescue teams. Eager to know more about this breed? Learn more here.
Congratulations Nathan! We hope you go on to win many more titles.