- Formerly Purina Pro Plan Focus Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula
- DHA an omega-3 fatty acid, nourishes brain & vision development
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth
- Omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A to nourish skin and coat
- Antioxidants support a kitten’s developing immune system
- Fortified with Guaranteed Live Probiotics for digestive and immune health
- Chicken is the first ingredient
- Vitamin A and taurine support healthy vision
- Highly digestible formula for optimal nutrient delivery
- No artificial colors or flavors
- 3.5 lb bag
- 7 lb bag
- 16 lb bag
Dry formula with DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, to nourish brain and vision development as well as antioxidants to support a kitten’s developing immune system.
Find Your Pet’s Perfect Portion
Use our pet food calculator to get a personalized feeding guide for your dog or cat.
Using a standard 8 oz/250 ml measuring cup which contains approximately 122 g of Pro Plan.
Kitten Feeding Instructions
Kittens generally nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available to these kittens at all times. After weaning, at 6 - 8 weeks of age, kittens will normally eat dry or moistened food at will. If water is added, use no more than one part warm (not hot) liquid to three parts Pro Plan, changing frequently to ensure freshness. As kittens near adulthood, their calorie needs may decrease. Continue to adjust the amount you feed to maintain your kitten in ideal body condition and avoid excess weight gain.
Feeding for Reproduction
Pro Plan provides all the nutrients needed during reproduction. It is not necessary to add supplemental vitamins or minerals. Food consumption can vary during gestation. Feed the amount needed to maintain ideal body condition in the pregnant female. After the kittens are born, feed the nursing female all she wants to eat. Food intake can be 2 - 3 times greater by the fourth week of lactation as it was prior to when the female was bred. Food intake can be increased by feeding Pro Plan moistened with water and feeding twice daily.
Making the Switch to Pro Plan
Although you’ll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your kitten, please allow 7 - 10 days to ease the transition from your kitten’s current food. Each day, simply feed a little less of the previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you’re feeding Pro Plan exclusively. This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily.
For your pet’s health, see your veterinarian regularly.
Calorie Content (fed)(ME)
For a list of all feeding recommendations, Download the full recommended feeding table (PDF).